Edublog Award Nominations

It is time for the Edublog Awards!

The 3/4 Learning Legends are new to the world of Educational blogging, but educational blogging is by no means new! The Edublog Awards have been running since 2004 and highlight some of the most amazing blogs in education.  The purpose of the Edublog Awards is to promote and demonstrate the educational values of blogging.

We have been so inspired by many of the blogs that we chose to nominate and many more out there, which made our nominations a very hard decision!

Here are our nominations:

Best Class Blog

4KM and 4KJ Blog

We have looked to 2KM and 2KJ Blog and now 4KM and 4KJ Blog as inspiration from day one for our blogging. They use a great variety of web tools and Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are always so helpful when we ask for advice or help and their posts and ideas are always fantastic! They are from our area as well and We have developed a very strong friendship and Mrs Yollis’ class are always teaching us something new. Mrs Morris even had the chance to visit Mrs Yollis and some of her students and parents earlier this year. 

Most Influential Blog Post

Mystery Skype by Mrs Yollis’ Class

Mrs Yollis and Mrs Tolisano from Lanqwitches blog had the first Mystery Skype and now hundreds of classes around the world are participating.  We participated in 2 this year and they were by far some of the most engaging and enriching learning experiences we have had. Her post is fantastic because it goes into details of different groups students can form to get all students involved in the Skype.  This makes the experience a team effort and makes for a very active learning experience for all.  Thank you both for your inspiration and especially Mrs Yollis for giving us such a great format to follow.

Best Student Blog

MEAOW @ Josie’s Blog

9 year old Josie, has been only blogging for two months, but she is one of the most talented young bloggers I have seen.  She always has interesting post topics such as: Book reviews, Inventions, Her Dream House.  She also connects her learning to her blog by posting about all the events at school that are interesting to her.  Her posts are always structured very clearly and are very easy reading. She has developed her own style of blogging that is truly a unique online voice.  With a tagline like, “Comment in, Comment out, You will Love it without a doubt!” what is there NOT to love about this blog.

Best Teacher Blog

What Ed Said

On Edna’s blog, she states “I’m Edna Sackson. I’m a teacher, a learner, an inquirer… ” I would add inspirer to that list as well.  Her blog posts always make me think in different ways and inspire me to look at things from a new perspective.  Her posts always seem to strike a chord with me, whether they are about thinking strategies, creativity, or the use of technology in the classroom.

Best Ed Tech/Resource Blog

Integrating Technology in the Primary Classroom

This blog is written by Kathleen Morris from 4KM and 4KJ, who won Victorian Teacher of the Year this year.  Her award is well deserved for many reasons, as she is an amazingly inspiring teacher.  Not only is she inspiring, but she generously shares all her ideas and time to promote the use of technology in the classroom.  Her passion is evident from her blog which is full of educational resources, advice and ideas.  Thank you for all your support through the years!

Best Individual Tweeter

Ross Mannell

Mr Mannell comments on many of our posts and student blogs. He asks great questions to make us think. Mr Mannell is also great at linking up different classrooms around the world and suggested many blogging friends to us at the start of our blogging journey. He is a retired primary school teacher who uses Twitter to find and support students and classes around the world.

Best Use of Audio/Video/Visual/Podcast

Room with a View

Our blogging friend Mrs Monaghan and her Room with a View students are amazing at tracking their learning through videos, animotos and interesting web 2.0 tools. Their blog is always very visual with engaging things to read, listen to and look at each time we visit.  We especially love checking in on all the different projects they are up to and their visuals make us feel as if we are there in the classroom with them. What an fantastic way to share your learning Room with a View!

Lifetime Achievement

Sue Waters

When I read the nomination on 4KM and 4KJ, Mrs Murphy was shocked that Sue Waters had not yet been acknowledged in this category. Sue works for Edublogs (which is the blogging platform we use). She is a real blogging enthusiast, going beyond her job description by helping people with blogging at all hours of the day and night. Whenever Mrs Murphy has had a question, she has been there to answer and within record time. Her how-to-guides are full of all sorts of information that are so helpful.  As Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan said, “She is a real blogging guru who has a passion for helping others.”

These are our nominations and as I said they were very hard choices!

Who would you nominate?

Why would they get your vote?

42 thoughts on “Edublog Award Nominations

1. Dear Learning Legends,
    Class 2 @ Middleham are DELIGHTED and OVERJOYED to be nominated for an award by your class – thank you SO much for your nomination.
    I think you know how much we enjoy working with you and looking at your blog, and how much fun it was to exchange Flat Stanleys & Skype with you from our Residential – it was a shame we never managed to hook up when you went away as well! I have the greatest of respect for your very knowledgeable, helpful and talented teacher, and I am sure that we shall continue to blog together and learn together too!
    I am talking to Mrs Murphy about a cunning little plan for another mini shared project before you guys finish for your big break (you do know we only get two weeks off for Christmas, don’t you, and we are insanely jealous of your MASSIVE holiday!!) so hopefully we shall have one last collaborative FLING together!
    Your blogging friends,
    Mrs Monaghan & A Room with a View

• Hi

I’m Jessica here from grade 3/4 Lonnie Legends.

Im always delighted to see your comments on a new post.

I enjoyed the flat Stanley and the skype I will alwayus remember that day.

I enjoyed looking at your blog and leaving a comment on it and working with you guys as well.

No I do not know that but its sad because we get 4 weeks off I think I think that you should get 4 weeks off as well don’t you think that you should do that too?

From Jessica

• Hi Mrs Monahan,
      My name is Josie. I in Mrs Murphys grade and I was monamated from the 3\4’s. My blog is called MEAOW @ Josie’s blog. Please Leave a comment a I will defently reply! ;)
      I really like your blog as much as mine, it’s a great one for sure! :D
      I will comment on your blog as soon as possable! :)
      Can you comment on my blog and do you like it?
      From your classs mate,
      Josie. ;)

• Hi Mrs Monaghan,
      I am Amelia from point lonnie primary school.

Its pretty weird that we get 6 weeks of school but when do you finish school?

Anyway we are very happy that we nominated you we all really like your blog! ;D

Amelia :D

2. Dear Mrs Murphy and Learning Legends,

Thank you so much for your kind nomination! I am flattered that you have nominated my class for the best class blog and nominated my professional blog too.

I’m so glad you are all enjoying blogging and I can see that you’re learning a lot from it. You’re lucky to have a teacher like Mrs Murphy.

Good luck with the awards. We hope we’ll see you online at the ceremony in December.

Your friend at Leopold,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Hey Loki,
      My name is Robbie I think your class blog is so cool I think I need to leave more comments on it. Do you think are blog is awsome. Well yours is! I have my own blog you can check it out here. I will leave you are URL here http:\\Robbiesblog.global2.vic.edu.au
      I hope your blog keaps going good. You might see me on your blog soon! :) :D :P
      Signing out Robbie

3. Hi Learning Legends!

My name is Maha and I am from Mrs Morris’s class.

Thank you so much for nominating our class we are very grateful and we appreciate it!

I would vote for a Room with a View. They have a very good blog!

They would get a vote because they have posted some wonderful ideas we have used and succeeded in our class as well!

From your new blogging buddy,

Maha :mrgreen:

• Hi Maha
      This is Mrs Monaghan, the teacher in Room with a View. I was very touched to read your comment and find that you like our blog – THANKYOU! You always have super things going on in your classroom, and I am going to be using your latest post on homophones & homonyms with my class on Monday!
      Good luck with your awards
      Mrs Monaghan

4. dear josie

congratesations for getting nominatointed
    are you proud of your self for making a good blog? because i am happy for u do you have lots of fun on your blog?
    i want a blog and i am trighing my best to get one and i proboly wont because there is not a lot of time.
    sighning out sophie
    p.s good luck because u will need it

5. Hello Learning Legends!

I’m wondering if any of you can help to explain how I can vote for your blog for an Edublog award?

Thankyou!

Emma

6. Hello 3/4 Lonnie,

My name’s Mr. Cooper and I am student teacher at Deakin University. I just wanted to say that Mrs Murphy has been a fantastic help so far in my course and I have learned a lot from her already.

Also, I wanted to wish you luck in the 2012 Edublog awards. Go Grade 3/4 Learning Legends @ Lonnie!

From Mr Cooper

• Hello Max,

I already do have a blog – I spent a few months writing articles about the National Basketball Association because I really like basketball!

As far as starting an educational blog, we’ll have to wait and see. I won’t be blogging at the moment as I have many projects to finish :(

From Mr Cooper

• Hi Mr Cooper,
          Thanks for replying my comment. It’s sad you have to finish all your projects. I would really like a blog but I haven’t got one. I really like basketball aswell.
          From Max P

• hi mr cooper,
      my name is honey, i also think that mrs murphy is a fantastic help to every one here and she is a best teacher ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :)
      we have learnd a lot from her too she is grate help.
      do you teach ene one or do people teach you?

thanks for commnting on our blog.

honey :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Hello Honey

I have taught people, I spent a few days recently at Lara P.S. teaching Grade 5/6. I also coach basketball at the U14 level so that’s usually boys in Grade 6/Year 7.

But mostly people teach me :)

From Mr Cooper

• hi mr cooper,

yeah i know mrs murphy is a really good teacher. yeah you can get teached alot in one day.

thank you for the wish we really are happy.

from gabby

• hi mr cooper again,

yeah i would be glad two because she is a the best teacher in the world.

do you like getting teached bye a teacher?

from gabby.

• Gabby,

It’s fantastic having the opportunity to be taught by a teacher and have someone be able to give us their knowledge and experience to give us the best chance of success for when we begin our teaching

From Mr Cooper

• hi mr cooper

thank u for wishing us good luck i think we will need it , mrs murphy is a great teacher he at point lonnie she comes up with great ideas for the 3/4s like the blog now it is up to us to take care of it and we have had visters around the world and it has been very excited.
      do u think we have a chance of winning?
      sighing out sophie

• Sophie

I think you have an excellent chance of winning! I will take the time to read more of your blog when I am a little bit less busy but it all looks really good and well set out, and it’s also very well written. Good luck once again!

From Mr Cooper

• hi mr cooper im actully not in mis murphy class but i still think she a great teacher. it must be amazing getting teached how to be a teacher by a teacher and tell me is it hard at deakin
      cody signing out

• Cody,

Deakin can be very challenging, the thing I’m trying to remember right now is that I really want to be a teacher and I have to try my very best to get to where I want to be.

From Mr Cooper

7. Dear learning legends,

I am really glad that you voted for our blog!!
    I like your post and your choices for the edublog
    nominations!

From Lachlan :mrgreen: :wicked:

8. Dear Mr Cooper and Class,

Thank you for nominating our class blog. It was very kind of you.

We are glad that you like our blog because Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan put a lot of effort into our posts.

Your blog inspires us too because all the posts re well written and it is just a great new blog to 4KM and 4KJ.

Your blogging buddies,
    Millie

9. Dear Mrs Murphy and Learning Legends,

My name is Liv and I am in Miss Jordan’s class this this year.

4KM and 4KJ are honoured to have seen that you voted us. Thank you so much for your kind words about our class blog.

We are very happy to hear that you think we have helped you along the way of your new blogging journey. We always love to help new bloggers and blogging buddies.

For Best New Blog, I would vote for you! You have shown so many new blogging skills and I think you have done great blogging.

From your new blogging buddy,
    Liv :-)

10. hi liv,

your blog is really good blog.

thank you for helping us for starting our blog. we are happy now because we have got the hang of it.

from gabby :)